Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Dave meditating in bed

*

And to tell the truth, now how do you do that? Telling the truth is a bigger high than any orgasm, more powerful than any drug. I want to wedge myself so deeply in truth that I give off the smell of truth, fair or foul, so when the truth is gritty I am nothing but grit and when the truth is shameful I am a walking cesspool of shame. If I can manage that humiliation, then later, when the truth turns into joy as we know it ultimately does, I can be rendered, be seen as joy. No no, not "be seen as" but "be". I want to be true, to a greater extent true even than good, given how "even when we are unfaithful God remains faithful, because he cannot deny himself" and "cannot lie".

Imagine going even 24 hours without telling even a single lie.

*

No comments: